A) Format and News:
- This league has been in existence for over 20 years and exits primarily for fellowship with the competitive aspect of the game of secondary importance.
Our league has women of all levels and ages that grt together to partake in an afternoon of exercise and fun.
We have a unique league in that we change teams every season and are an ideal league for anyone wanting to learn the game or return to curling. So we have many experienced players to the novice and we still manage to have some interesting games over the year.
We also have a curling clinic the first Wednesday of the season and are looking at adding to that this year.
We start at 1:00 pm sharp every Wednesday. We used to have babysittling and if we see the need babysitting will be offered again.
Our fees for the 2015-16 season are :
Full time - $95.00 - includes banquet
Half time - $47.50 - half banquet cost
Spares - $3.00/game
- Stay tuned for the Opening meeting and practice time.
- Please note that the Round 3 Draw for 2016 - 17 is now available
- The Teams page will be updated with the 2016 - 17 team rosters when available.
- There are openings for curlers, please contact Gail Henderson Brown (204) 837-6697.
- Executive for 2016-2017 President: Laureen Davy
- Past President: Gail Henderson Brown
- Vice President: Virginia Griffiths
- Secretary: Martha Stupack
- Treasurer: Sally Gillet
- Ice & Draw Gail Ballantine and Ellen Diehl
- Social : Gail Henderson Brown, Maureen Stephen-Rusnak,
- Kathy Scott and Margaret Thompson
- Photos : Rosalie Hill
B) DLCC House Rules
- LENGTH OF DRAWS
The bell will ring 1 hour and 40 minutes after the 1:00 p.m. starting time. Play the end in progress and one more. No extra ends are to be played. For bell purposes, an end shall be considered complete and the next end in play when the last delivered rock of an end has crossed the nearest sweeping line and cannot be replayed. For example if the bell rings when the last delivered rock of end #6 is running between the hog lines then end #7 has already started for bell purposes and end #8 will be considered as the "next end".